Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Comma Comma Chameleon: Punctuation for Fun and Profit

In this episode, we get to witness the beauty of true love and proper comma use. Open your hearts. Open your mind. And let the Comma Sutra be your guide. (ZOMG, POETRY!)

Comma Orgy
So, there I was, waiting for the bus, when out of nowhere, this gorgeous babe just walked right up to me, and, man, she was smokin', smokin' hot, then, you won't believe this, but, I swear it happened, she walked right up to me, and, wait for it, wait for it, burst into song! "Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Chameleon, you come and go, you come and go."


Leaving Your Commas at the Door
After she sang that most awesome refrain she reached over grabbed my coat jerked me forward and then kissed me it was awesome well except for that weird long sticky tongue of hers and I think I tasted chicken or something that tastes like chicken it was some kind of meaty taste but you know it was kind of a turn on.


Comma-Sutra
When the bus pulled up, she backed away and gave me a wink. I opened my mouth to ask her for her name or her phone number. Shoot, at that point I'd have been happy just knowing where she went to get her nails done. I swear I'd wait there every day for her if I had to, all day. I'd pay to have my feet massaged. I'd even let them give me a manicure. Pink nails with glitter? Sure! Anything as long as I might see her again. She put her finger to my lips, a playful grin on her own, and whispered, "Dinner. My place. 1234 Main. 7pm. Don't be late, and bring the grasshoppers." Seriously, I'm in love.



Exercise: Search Internet. Find examples of bad comma usage. Post in comments. Get a gold star!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I moderate the comments. No, it is not impinging upon your free speech rights if I delete your comment. I welcome open, mature discussion. I don't welcome trolls or hate(ful) speech.

It may take a day or two for your comment to appear. If it's not showing after a handful of days, you can safely assume that you angered the blog god and your comment was smote.